Marketing Manager, Offline (Direct Mail, Audio, TV/OLV)
About the Company & the Role
Penrose Hill is building the most customer centric wine company. Collaborating with famed winemakers and sourcing from vineyards around the globe, our wines have won a thousand awards, including multiple 95+ point scores, Best in Show and Winery of the Year. As the world’s first full-stack winery, we’re part of the wine business from grape to glass: not just making the wines, but getting it directly into the hands of customers. Penrose Hill sells through retail, restaurants, and direct to the consumer, via our wine club and store, Firstleaf.
The Marketing Manager, Offline role will be responsible primarily for our direct mail acquisition efforts. A good fit for this role will be someone who is looking to go client-side from agency (who has experience in direct mail) or from an high-growth/established brand that has leveraged offline media channels as a source for acquisition. As a startup, we look for people who are able to drive a channel forward independently and have strong math skills to quantifiably justify marketing decisions. Further down the road, this role will have the ability to oversee Audio and TV/OLV.
Penrose Hill is backed by Tribeca Venture Partners, Greycroft Partners, Primary Venture Partners and Loeb Enterprises.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Owning the end-to-end execution of our direct mail acquisition programs, including strategic media planning, budgeting, and measurement/reporting
- Working closely with the creative team to drive creative development, optimization, and timely turnaround/execution
- Developing core media calendars and testing schedule for each channel
- Building and managing relationships with external agencies - ensuring our partners feel like an extension of our team
What We’re Looking For
- Strong knowledge of media planning and buying on a performance/direct response basis (within offline channels)
- Someone with strong math skills who has optimized on direct response metrics such as CPA and LTV
- Someone who has prior experience managing the list rental, merge/purge process would be ideal
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Data oriented, emphasis on complex customer data; Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- 3-4 years of direct mail planning and execution experience
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Strong mathematics and quantitative business analysis skills
- Self-motivated with ability to drive results with sense of urgency
Penrose Hill offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment surrounded by other high-growth startups and have access to major industry players.
Tell us a bit about yourself, why you’re excited about this role, and why you’d be a good fit. We value diverse experience, with some of our team coming from the wine industry and others taking their first step into it. We’d love to hear more about how your background fits Penrose Hill.