Performance Marketing Specialist
About the Role:
Penrose Hill is building the most customer centric wine company. Collaborating with famed winemakers and sourcing from vineyards around the globe, our wines have won hundreds of awards, including multiple 95+ point scores, Best in Show and Winery of the Year. As the world’s first full-stack winery, we’re part of the wine business from grape to glass: not just making the wines, but getting it directly into the hands of customers. Penrose Hill sells through retail, restaurants, and direct to the consumer, via our wine club and store, Firstleaf.
The Performance Marketing Specialist is responsible for executing, managing, optimizing, and reporting on Penrose Hill’s performance marketing channels to drive acquisitions to the Firstleaf wine club and store. This includes but is not limited to paid social, paid search, paid display platforms such as Facebook and Google with heavy emphasis on optimizing and lowering CPAs.
Penrose Hill is backed by Tribeca Venture Partners, Greycroft Partners, Primary Venture Partners and Loeb Enterprises.
Here's What You'll Do:
Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Execute, manage, and optimize online media campaigns and programs (e.g. auction/exchange based performance media, audience-based buying, remarketing campaigns, email marketing campaigns) both independently, and in support of Channel Managers
- A/B Testing ads, targeting, and creative to ensure CPA KPIs are met
- Handle daily campaign maintenance, including internal questions regarding tracking and status of various campaigns
- Develop weekly campaign performance reports
- Work with branding team and wine team to ensure brand integrity and provide feedback for creative production
- Traffic creative and ensure proper attribution in analytics tools
- Explore new channels and methods of acquisition that make sense for the business
- Conduct accurate budget forecasting and predict the profitability of campaigns
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have 1-3 years of experience at a high-growth brand or agency, with direct responsibility in the following fields: bid management, campaign management/optimization, email marketing, or other performance marketing acquisition channels, and ROI analysis
- Able to statistically analyze data and determine campaign success focused around ROI
- Demonstrated the ability to improve campaigns over time through the use of new methods or optimizing performance
- Experience in running ecommerce-focused campaigns (i.e. Product catalogs, etc.) (*Ideal but not required)
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Accurate and consistent with exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter attitude to proactively seek new solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Knowledge of standard marketing tools: Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, SQL (Periscope or other BI visualization tools), ESPs (I.e. Mailchimp, Constant Contact). *Basic Photoshop skills are a plus.
Penrose Hill offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment surrounded by other high-growth startups and have access to major industry players.
Tell us a bit about yourself, why you’re excited about this role, and why you’d be a good fit. We value diverse experience, with some of our team coming from the wine industry and others taking their first step into it. We’d love to hear more about how your background fits Penrose Hill.