Operations Logistics Manager
Operations Logistics Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of all finished and
bulk wine movements. You will ensure that products are in the right place at the right time to ensure cost
targets are met and the correct supply is available to seamlessly meet customer demand for both our DtC
wine club and retail.
You'll love this job if you are
- Resourceful and Adaptable – Data driven organization. Ability to collect, analyze, quantify and
qualify finds with proposed course of action. Additionally, your impressive organization skills allow
you to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovative – You challenge yourself to come up with authentic and innovative ideas to improve
processes, increase efficiencies, and reduce costs.
- Outstanding Communicator – Clearly communicate timely status updates for routine and adhoc
projects. Proactively assess and communicate at-risk projects with a sense of urgency. You
communicate clearly written, verbally, within team and one-on-one meetings, in person, via
remote video and direct messaging You understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive
information tactfully. You possess excellent negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
- Flexible - You can change directions quickly without significant impact to performance. You
effortlessly juggle multiple things simultaneously while delivering information in a timely manner
and adhere to established timelines.
- Professional - You have poise and are able to focus under pressure. You have the confidence to
work both independently or in support of department goals and business objectives.
What you’ll do
- Inventory Management
- Setup of all new SKUs with warehouses and fulfillment partners and all other systems
- Optimize capacity between bottling facilities and warehouses to meet cost targets
- Manage inventory balance between warehouses and revenue channels
- Maintain sub-inventories for club, partnerships, and trade. Maintain inventory reserves that
support Marketing campaigns.
- Monitor inventory levels of finished goods and collateral to identify and report on shortages
- Responsible for DIF requests for all obsolete materials
- Responsible for all warehouse communication regarding inventory – logistics, receipt, SLAs and
accuracy of receipt
- Responsible for all collateral inventory management in conjunction with Marketing and IT
- Logistics/Freight Management
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency for finished and bulk
- Manage blanket inventory, reorders, and pickups for intermodal shipments
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Analyze all aspects of logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of
transporting products, finished goods, and bulk wine. Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Maintain operational metrics, reports, process documentation to support the above
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and 2 (+) years of logistics management experience
- Experience managing vendors, negotiating pricing, terms, and contracts is required
- Interest in wine industry and a penchant for data driven decision making
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a very fast-paced, deadline-driven environment,
managing multiple projects at once with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with and take direction from multiple stakeholders effectively and prioritize using
- Experience managing workflow and processes
- Experience in 3-tier, trade/wholesale, and/or DtC a plus
- Experience in lean practices, JIT, or other continuous improvement programs a plus
- Experience in the wine industry a plus
- Experience with Slack and Asana a plus
Penrose Hill offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance to FT employees.
About the company
Penrose Hill is building the most customer centric wine company. Collaborating with famed winemakers
and sourcing from vineyards around the globe, our wines have won hundreds of awards, including
multiple 95+ point scores, Best in Show and Winery of the Year. As the world’s first full-stack winery, we’re
part of the wine business from grape to glass: not just making the wines, but getting it directly into the
hands of customers. Penrose Hill sells through retail, restaurants, and direct to the consumer, via our
wine club and store, Firstleaf.
Penrose Hill is backed by Tribeca Venture Partners, Greycroft Partners, Primary Venture Partners and
Tell us a bit about yourself, why you’re excited about this role, and why you’d be a good fit. We value
diverse experience, with some of our team coming from the wine industry and others taking their first step
into it. We’d love to hear more about how your background fits Penrose Hill.