Are you passionate about wine, but want to work in tech? Do you love UI, UX, and always improving customer experience? Do you like taking a raw idea and helping to turn it into a real feature? Well, we have good news: Penrose Hill is hiring a Product Manager and you might be the perfect fit!
Penrose Hill is one of the fastest growing wine companies in America. As the world’s first full-stack winery, we’re part of the wine business from grape to glass: not just making the wines, but getting it directly into the hands of customers.
Our wine club, Firstleaf grew from 0-40,000+ active members in only 2 years. And that’s just the beginning of our plans to change the wine industry. With big partnerships under way as well a growing trade division, we’re growing fast and looking for talented, hardworking people to keep that growth going.
As a technology focused, customer-first wine company, you will be right at the heart of everything we’re working towards at Penrose Hill. To do this position well, you should be able to translate data into product features; understanding what customers want and how they think. You’ll then need to clearly communicate those ideas for our dev team to build, and follow them to completion.
About Penrose Hill:
Penrose Hill is building the most customer centric wine company. Collaborating with famed winemakers and sourcing from vineyards around the globe, our wines have won hundreds of awards, including multiple 95+ point scores, Best in Show and Winery of the Year. Penrose sells through retail, restaurants and direct to the consumer, including via our wine club, Firstleaf. and others.
Penrose Hill is backed by Tribeca Venture Partners, Greycroft Partners, Primary Venture Partners and Loeb Enterprises among other investors.
- Lead online and offline product definition by collaborating with marketing, design, and customer service departments
- Maintain the product and feature roadmap, managing backlog prioritization
- Gather requirements, understand user needs, define functional specifications in the form of user stories, wireframes and user flows to communicate ideas between internal departments
- Serve as customer advocate and collaborate with design to create best-in-class user experiences
- Closely monitor analytics and perform quantitative analysis that will guide product decisions
- Lead ideation workshops and product planning sessions
- Project management of all cross functional projects related to this area of the business
- Experienced: You have 3+ years of product management experience in the consumer-facing e-commerce space
- Awesome communication skills: You’re able to explain your vision for a project clearly, communicate effectively that it’s worth the time/resources to build, and able to outline it technically so that it’s easy for a developer to build
- Creatively Practical: You understand development practices and know the tradeoffs between development time and time to market
- Data-driven: You have strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, are data-driven, and experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- Solutions-oriented: You're able to manage the lifecycle of projects and turn proposed features into an actionable plan for engineering
- Flexible and ready to learn: We’re a startup, so things are always changing. You’re not just capable of, but excited about learning new systems and skills