Trade & Operations Specialist
Penrose Hill is looking for a versatile Trade & Operations Specialist to report to the Finance Director of Trade & Operations. The role is responsible for supporting business process, management accounting, and operations for the Trade & Operations team. Additionally, you will play a critical role in facilitating cross-functional communication to proactively manage the needs of the team, business, and key stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
Budget and Invoice Processing
- Invoice processing, both accounts payable and receivable, tracking and reporting as it relates to Trade & Operations.
- Effectively manage and resolve invoice issues to ensure timely payment and high level of vendor/customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Loeb Enterprises shared service accounting team as needed.
- Assist with gathering budget and forecasting inputs on a monthly basis.
- Budget tracking and reporting for team T&E.
- Pull internal and syndicated data for reporting and presentation development.
- Develop, monitor, and publish reports and scorecards to support the team, to include, but not limited to:
- Shipment Reports
- Depletion Reports
- Inventory Reports
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Ensure timely sales and cost reporting in place to assist in management decisions.
Systems, Data & Tools
- Partner and collaborate with Business Intelligence as it pertains to data infrastructure and dimensions of analysis to support the reporting needs of the team.
- Develop as a “super user” for all key systems used by the Trade & Operations team.
- Provide optimized and/or simplified user views or ad hoc reports as requested.
Other General Admin
Provide general administrative support as needed, to include, but not limited to, meeting organization and travel planning.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business; equivalent work experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- 5 years FMCG experience with demonstrated experience in supporting Trade Sales, Finance, and Operations.
- Familiarity with Beverage Alcohol category preferred.
- Familiarity with market and/or consumer data sources such as BDN, Diver, NABCA preferred.
- Experience using MS Dynamics and Vintrace ERP a plus.
Penrose Hill offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance to fulltime employees.
About the company
Penrose Hill is building the most customer centric wine company. Collaborating with famed winemakers and sourcing from vineyards around the globe, our wines have won hundreds of awards, including multiple 95+ point scores, Best in Show and Winery of the Year. As the world’s first full-stack winery, we’re part of the wine business from grape to glass: not just making the wines, but getting it directly into the hands of customers. Penrose Hill sells through retail, restaurants, and direct to the consumer, via our wine club and store, Firstleaf.
Penrose Hill is backed by Tribeca Venture Partners, Greycroft Partners, Primary Venture Partners and Loeb Enterprises.